Friday 11 September 2015

On Harry Potter

       There are things we enjoy,that made great impact on ourselves that we simply can't imagine our life without it..My friends may roll their eyes at me for this dramatic statement..I hardly blame them, because they had to endure with my obsession during our school days.(infact I inflicted my obsession on quite a number of people!!!)

      If its still not clear from the title, I'm talking about my beloved Harry Potter series by J.K.Rowling...that is I'm not a fan of Harry potter movies,only books.(unlike some of my friends)..

             I watched first two movies to get my imagination of characters and wizarding world right..I spent the last of my teenage years immersing in the wonderful Hogwarts..
Though in the later years I understood,magic didn't solve anything but created many problems along the way..but where is fun,with out trouble??(for us to read anyway).

             When I got tired of reading the books again and again(I know,I read that many times),I discovered the wonderful world of fan fiction:-) 

               Though you have to swim across thousands of garbage to read one decent story, its worth our time..I got addicted to fan fiction for some time and started seeing the characters in grey shades than my previous version of black and white.. When my favorite characters are shown to be imperfect,I accepted it and admired them for their flaws..after all I don't want to read about Heroes but normal human beings who are pushed to such extremes..

              Quiet a rant..isn't it???

                 

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! Yes I remember our school days !!! I am not a great fan as Karthiga for the Harry Potter series :) But I need to admit that it was a great pleasure of reading this books and our imagination travels beyond the levels.. like when I first read meendum Jeeno by Sujatha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Ginny Priya..she is the result of my obsession:-)))..Thanks

    ReplyDelete